Awakening My Body

I began my day with the Spinal Motion series from the 60 minute GyrokinesisⓇ Stool Work.

It's truly rewarding to sit with the material and play around with new ideas that come to mind. 
As I went through each exercise I discovered visual cues that describe movement patterns and how the body could interpret the movement as it relates in daily activity, thus translating it in an accessible way for my clients and students.

Every body is different nevertheless GyrokinesisⓇ offers one a fundamental breakdown of basic movements such as bending, stretching, lengthening, pushing, pulling and so forth. 
Although size, shape, height and weight of clients may differ one thing that remains the same is anatomy,  the construct of the muscular-skeletal system and the energetic points of the body. 

The core principals of this movement modality is such that the each part of the body is designed to move in tandem, even without knowing the given names of bones, muscles, ligaments, tendons, arteries and so forth. One can gain a better understanding of it's function simply by participating in GyrokinesisⓇ Session.

During my teaching emphasize the importance of the dynamic, range and effort while participating in the exercise. The idea is to get a my clients acquainted with their bodies so that can rehabilitate concern areas, strengthen weak areas and expand their capacity for movement in all areas.
The way I do this is by establishing trust with my clients, building a relationship that will allow me as the instructor to help them reach their goals and finally to model my experience and success with GyrokinesisⓇ as a professional dancer to ensure a successful outcome for reaching their goals. 


Comments

Popular Posts