You're One in a Melon: Guest Blogger

Please enjoy this heartfelt and delightful story by a Queen Melon Enthusiasts & Advocate.
This is what we are all about.....gain knowledge and sharing new insight for Healthy Living.
So be inspired!



You are one in a melon! 
Bringing the fun back into Health and Wellness
At the start of 2019 I actively decided to take my health into my own hands, as I was constantly
being told by doctors that the various health issues I had were just something I had to deal with. 


I would sneeze all day from having several allergies and I would be frustrated with other forms of imbalances in my body. This left me upset to point that one night whilst going down a YouTube rabbit hole about my ailments, I realized that maybe I should try and be my own doctor, and stop so heavily depending on outside forces telling about what I could and couldn’t do with my body. I then decided after extensive research to incorporate lots more fruit into my diet. Luckily at this point it was coming into the best time of the year to embark on this new this journey. 







Summer.
Watermelon was my first choice of fruit, purely because they were so abundant at the time. As soon
as I bit into a rich, juicy watermelon slice, I was hooked. Every day at work I would have half a melon for breakfast despite my co-workers weird looks. Eventually they got used my melon obsession and even started to join me. I tried all types of melons; Watermelon, Honey Dew, Gala, Cantaloupe and any other melon I could get my hands on. I then researched the properties of various types of melon and was surprised by the benefits of consuming melon on a regular basis. 

Melons have the amazing ability to significantly hydrate the body, cleanse the digestive tract and lymphatic system (two underrated bodily functions that EVERYONE needs to understand better). Melons also have an abundance of vitamin A and C which help to improve skin and hair health. For this reason, I decided to create the The Melon Romantic platform (@the.melon.romantic on Instagram) as a way of raising the profile of melons in a fun and engaging way, as well as educate further on the benefits of
incorporating more fruit and veg into your diet. Creating the melon romantic inspired me to take my
own personal journey with fruits and veg further by exploring the benefits of juicing, fruit cleansing
and incorporating more raw food into my diet.

As a result of this, my allergies have got A LOT better, the random aches and pains I used to have,
have virtually disappeared. I am healthier and happier than I have been in a long time, and I am
excited to see how far I can take my body on this ‘be my own doctor’ journey.

My call to action for anyone reading this is to trust yourself and begin the journey of educating
yourself about your own body. When was the last time you invested in truly understanding how your
body works and what you can do to help it thrive. Try and incorporate a new healthy habit for a
week, such as having fruit for breakfast and see how you feel. Just remember it’s about intuitively
feeling what your body responds to and having fun exploring that. If you want to know my breakfast
fruit recommendation, it would obviously be having some sweet watery amazing melon and see if
that doesn’t put a smile on your face.

Paige Heirs (@paigeebynature)

Book recommendations
Vegucation over Medication - Dr Bobby Price
The Detox Miracle - Dr Robert Morse
African Holistic Health - Dr Laila Afrika
The Amazing Liver and Gallbladder Flush - Andreas Moritz (only for great explanations of bodily

functions)

Comments

Popular Posts