Invest in Thyself

Hello Friends 🌼🐝
I hope you've been good to your bodies. I've been showing Instagram most of the love but I wanted to share my experiences from Trinidad with you also....you know how they say you can take the girl out of ________ but you can't take the _______ out of the girl well that's how I feel about my mind-body practice. Every morning I arose at 5 a.m. to walk to the nearest by yoga studio....of course with the business being black and female owned I wanted to support but even more, it provided the quality and the depth that I need it to continue my practice on a daily basis.

With my Energy lifted elevated being in another country. It was hot everyday and my biggest fear was oversleeping and losing the day. There was so much to see and do during Carifesta I wanted to start my day off on the right foot with strength and intention no matter how late I stayed up or out. That's why it's important to have a Guide or Teacher who works in Love and Empathy rather than Judgement. If I was tired or lagging she'd just smile.


 And finally. I realized that by disciplining myself in this way enabled me to resist unnecessary temptation, avoid making regrettable decisions and or wasting time by prioritizing my health and wellness. Consistency. Showing up for class every morning to affirm my being...my identity as a conscious woman. No matter if I'm vacation or on the grind.
Karen Blackman, Sangha Trinidad Studio Port of Spain
Visit: 
https://sanghayogatrinidad.com/


KB Talks about the obstacles of being a Black Female Business Owner
I think the biggest challenge while being away is remaining hydrated. The body needs even more attention and fluids than normal when you're having fun for hours on end. Luckily was in on an island which lends itself to offering me plenty of fruit for consumption along the roadside: Melon, Mango, Banana, Pineapple, Plums...and plenty of Coconut Water which I did buy a tall one at the grocery store. I was surrounded by lots of people during the festival all coming from different parts of the world. There was plenty of food samples, tasting and exchange of things by hand going around including money handling so I had to put it all into perspective. This is why some people were picking a virus around town. Word of advice! Keep your routine. Take your vitamins and be prepared at all times for Self-Care while you are away. 

Now that I'm back home in the DMV.
I hope that you will do the same by joining me for a revitalizing Sundays in September Stretch and Deep Breathing GYROKINESIS ® Class. Now available in your local area. 
5111 Baltimore Avenue Hyattsville, MD 20781
Love Yoga Studio

4:30-6PM
Start your week off Invigorated.
Get your Class Pass Here.



Kayla

Comments

Popular Posts