BeeBodi & The Woman Behind the Business

The BeeBodi Marketplace continues to swing its doors open wide to existing initiatives, movements, programs and outreach efforts that support and uplift our community. 

Angel Livas, Founder of Woman Behind the Business held her first camp for Young Girls ages 9 - 17 in Arlington, Virginia. Each day of the the week long intensive the girls were exposed to Top in their industry careerwomen who poured into them their wisdom, tools and expertise for succeeding the future. On the day that BeeBodi arrived these aspiring #entrepreneurs were learning how to budget, conduct bank transactions and write their first checks. Financial Wellness is among the 5 Key Health components and one that our very own CEO BossBabe, Kayla Harley is studying and working towards improving in: Financial Literacy, Increased/Stabilized Credit Score, Loan Approval and Securing Prosperous Business Investments. 

The workshop began with (8) volunteers placing a few items in the middle of the circle on the floor, our designated SAFE SPACE.
On that day it consisted  of :
A Yellow Dressing Cloth, the color of a BumbleBee, Cheerfulness and Bright Energy
A single candle to signify Life, Source, Natural Element
A royal blue fan with gold trimming and decorum, an indicator of my personality.
A "#teacherslife" small wood sign 
A miniature business card stand
A mock leaf vine, for color and a natural touch

What begin as a structured meditation classes turned in grou discussion about experiences with self observation, awareness and positive thinking. Although, I'd brought my fresh stack of positive affirmation  cards, to share with the girls~they intelligent and bold enough to share they own version and input. They each stated a self projeced phrase about their ideals and the way that they view themselves, "....hardworking....deserving of love....intelligent....and more." I was proud to hear the thoughts that they believed for themselves~they were attentive, confident and  inspiring, We focused on the presentation thereof: project, eye-contact, sincerity, elaborating on details, trusting each other and offer support and encouragement for someone else.   Although they are young, I was highly impressed with their potential and willingness to try something new. 

I always love teaching workshops because things natural evolve and I discovering just how much material I have stored inside of me. My zeal, excitement and dedication to educating the public on these topics reminds me of how I got to the place of branding and ownership of the Marketplace.

The girls concluded their time with us, by performing an original: Mudra, Mantra Gestures....connecting at the finger tips beneath the rays of the Sun. Reciting:
Gratitude. Beauty, Faith, Family, Nature, Freedoe, DIVINE. 

The leadership behind the WBB Summer Program identify as being part of the Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority....the pink and green ladies. In the following days... 

I found myself in the garden plucking and harvesting up Spearmint Leaves, in the front yard. It was such peaceful experience being close to Earth. 
I gave my 3 hours time to properly storing, cleaning, preparing and distributing them for family and friends. Meditative, Rewarding and a Full circle experience for me in more ways than one. 
I am grateful for the many opportunities that continue to present themselves for the BeeBodi Marketplace to touch lives, invoke change and new possibilities.  

Comments

Popular Posts